The Next Big Thing is a "freeze tag" style blog hop that's been going around all over the place. If you get tagged, fill out the questions on your own blog with regard to your upcoming writing project, then tag five additional authors, linking to their blogs or websites, and don't forget to let them know they've been tagged.
THE TEN QUESTIONS:
1. What is the working title of your book?
The Actual title is Under Her Thumb: Erotic Stories of Female Domination
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
The vast majority of my work is femdom and I've wanted to do a femdom anthology since I began editing for Cleis Press and the time was finally right!
3. What genre does your book fall under?
BDSM Erotica/Female Domination
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
As an anthology of short stories, I can't really answer this question. I suppose, thinking about my own story in the book, "Hound and Hare," how about Helena Bonham Carter and Ethan Hawke. I don't know, that's sort of 'spur of the moment.'
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Twenty stories of female domination, curated by D. L. King, with a foreword by Midori, from the sweetly romantic to the scarily hot.
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Under Her Thumb: Erotic Stories of Female Domination is published by Cleis Press.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
I only wrote one of the short stories, but if you're interested in knowing how long it took me to edit the book, from the initial call for submissions to the final corrected galleys -- about six months.
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
You could compare this book to another of my favorite anthologies, Please, Ma'am: Erotic Stories of Male Submission, edited by Rachel Kramer Bussel and also published by Cleis Press.
9. Who or What inspired you to write this book?
I'm a dominant woman in real life and I like to read femdom, as well as write it. As I mentioned earlier, as a writer, it's my predominant theme so I desperately wanted to edit an anthology of nothing but femdom.
10. What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?
Whether you're male or female, if strong women make you weak in the knees or, if you are a dominant woman and love to see a man or woman worshipping at your feet, you're going to want to read this book!
Tagging the following authors:
Kathleen Bradean http://www.kathleenbradean.blogspot.com
Remittance Girl http://wwww.remittancegirl.com
Laura Antoniou http://lantoniou.com/
Janine Ashbless http://www.janineashbless.blogspot.com/
K D Grace http://kdgrace.co.uk/