October 21, 2009

A Book Trailer Worth Your Time

I just watched this trailer for the new anthology, Peep Show, from Rachel Kramer Bussel and Cleis Press and I just had to tell you about it. This is the perfect example of what makes for a great book trailer.

I've seen my share of book trailers and have been singularly unimpressed by them. I keep thinking it sounds like it should be a good idea. . . but put into action? It just never seems to turn out the way you want it to.

No, not mine. I don't have any book trailers--yet. You can deride them when I finally make them, but for now, we'll just have to deride others.

But back to Rachel's trailers: Rachel's trailers are very Rachel. They're sweet and sexy--and kind of innocent. They're also actually entertaining. They're the perfect trailers for erotica anthologies. Her first trailer was for her latest spanking anthology, Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica, and I loved it. I think she's out done herself with the new one.

Now, if only I could do something like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment